• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Better Cloud Integration

Baldhead Brewer

Apprentice
Reaction score
I really like that Beersmith integrates a "Cloud" feature to share recipes and to access them from the mobile version. However, I find it cumbersome that the cloud version has to be a redundant copy. I like to add a recipe to the cloud so I can access it on my iPad using the mobile version. However it is frusturating to find that my cloud version is out of date. If I am developing a recipe and add it to the cloud, I would like any changes I make to that recipe to be updated in the cloud version automatically. Perhaps if there were a "Cloud" checkbox next to the recipe in the list that, if enabled, would mirror that recipe to the cloud.

Thanks
Mike

I agree that cloud integration needs to be implemented better. I find it a big hassle to go through recipies line by line to see whether my local copy matches what is stored in my cloud folder.

Example: I copied an all grain recipe to the cloud, went to the brew shop, realized I don't have a big enough kettle for the recipe, changed the recipe on my mobile device to partial mash and adjusted ingredients, got home and brewed. Several days later I went to check the recipe and found that the local copy had not been updated to reflect the changes I made in the cloud. I had to compare the two recipes, delete the out of date one and copy the correct one back into my local folder.

Noticing that, I went back to an older recipe and compared the cloud and local versions. They don't match up either.

There needs to be a more seamless integration. "Syncing" needs to check local and cloud copies for changes and update recipes based timestamps or user preferences, or whatever method is used by cloud storage services, such as Dropbox, iCloud, etc.

If you don't want to get into the business of being a cloud host for hundreds of thousands of recipes, I don't blame you at all! I just would like to see better implementation of synchronizing local and cloud copies. As it stands, the feature is somewhat "broken."

Back