• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Post some Pictures of your Bar

Andrewqld

Forum Moderator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Since we now have the ability to upload pictures I thought it might be nice to show off some of your handy work,
Here's mine, the 3 taps are almost always on line ;D and it is a focal point for visitors to our place.

Attachments

• Bar 002.jpg
    Bar 002.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 54
A quick bit of history:

I've always wanted a pub of my own.  Since startup costs are prohibitive, I've always kept the idea in the back of my head as a pipedream and nothing else.  Ideally, I've always wanted to start up my own brew pub, like many others that are downstate (Gritty McDuff's being one of the finest micro brew pubs in the state).

A series of fortunate events occurred and I found myself with the room in my house to build a pub (pictures below)!  This past year I have been focusing on the actual pub itself, slowly transforming 500+/- sq ft of house addition with nasty carpet to a really cozy pub with laminate hardwood flooring and dark-stained recycled barnboard wood.

The pictures are older, before I built the bar stools and pub table (which is under the window).  All those ugly white/wood chairs are thankfully gone as well.  Next steps:  getting rid of that ceiling fixture and installing PVC fake copper-look ceiling tile over the bar area.  The rest of the room needs to be painted, baseboard heaters and metal fireplace chimney will all be painted with flat black furnace paint (or some other alternative hi-temp paint), then I can hang trim.  But for now, it's an awesome spot for us to entertain friends and family.

Oh, and the rest of that space?  That is studio space for my blues band to rehearse, and for me to provide an "open mic" sort of thing when people come over.  While it will never be opened to the public, my SWMBO (did I get that right? lol) and I have created a neighborhood pub... the pub I've always wanted.

Hope you like the look and feel.  :)

Attachments

• DSC_0168.JPG
    DSC_0168.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC_0170.JPG
    DSC_0170.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC_0171.JPG
    DSC_0171.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 15
Back