• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Version 1 PC Recipes to Version 2 Mac Error

pilotdane

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have just gotten a new MacBook Air and am updating from version 1_40 build 037 on my old PC to the 64 bit Mac version 2.1.02 for Mac.  I am running OSX 10.8.5.  I exported my grains, hops and recipes from version 1 as .bsm and was able to open the grains & hops in my Mac without trouble.  I can not open my recipes.  I keep getting an error "Error importing file".  I have also gone into the Windows Virtual Store and simply copied my Recipe file and brought it to the new Mac and still get the "Error importing file" message.  How do I get my recipes transferred to my new computer?

In my PC I have also tried exporting my recipes as .xml but BeerSmith 1.4 locks up without ever exporting the files and I must ctl alt delete to close the program.

I got it!  ;D

The free trail period is good for more than just testing before buying.  I downloaded and installed BeerSmith 2 onto my old computer.  Imported my 1.4 files into 2 on the PC and then exported and the BeerSmith on my Mac was able to read the file created by the newer PC version.  So, problem resolved.  Now to get my equipment profiles.

Back