• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

My Ingredients Folder

ihikeut

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
It would be nice to have a MY Ingredients folder where you could transfer information from the main ingredient folder, then build your recipes from this folder. It's nice to have information about every grain, hops and yeast from all over the world but how many do you actually use. This would simplify making recipes and keeping track of prices.

I have thought about deleting all the generic crap since no one uses generic crap.  All the grains we use come from a known maltster, right?  Anyone buying Kroger Brand X grains out there? 

If we only use Briess and Weyermann from their add-ons, for example, why not delete everything else?  I've been chicken to do it, but I usually enter stuff into inventory by brand, and then limit my search to "items in inventory" to reduce the clutter. 

+1

Or a 'show only ingredients in inventory' with ctrl-click highlighting, and then right click selected and 'add to open recipe x' or 'add to new recipe' options. Then make the amounts easily adjustable on the design screen

I'd love a button in the "Add" dialogs that would Exhaust Inventory.  Say I have 6.1 oz of Special B, and I select Special B, I would love a single button click that would put the remaining inventory into the recipe.  No looking it up again or having to enter 6.1oz to ensure I wiped it out. 

Back