• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith2 linux locks up and eats up the CPU

slubbs

Apprentice
Reaction score
Been looking forward to a Linux version of Beersmith2 for years. However anything I try to do locks the program up and causes it to start eating up the CPU. Takes the CPU it's running on to go to 100% usage. Simply copying recipes from one folder to another locks it up. Clearly it is unusable with this problem. I am trying to run it on Ubuntu 13.04. I have had to go back to running the windows version in a virtualbox VM again.

Please advise as to what the cause is and what remedies are available. If you require more info I'll be glad to provide it. I could also help debug it if a debug version is available.

Further information. I use KDE window manager. When I switched to default Ubuntu Unity (based on Gnome)  everything started working. Looks like an incompatibility with KDE.

Back