• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

IOS 7 Batch Sparge doesn't match

Toy4Rick

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hey gang,

I have been using BS for about 2 years now, still trying to get my iPhone dialed in, lately I have been seeing where my batch sparge is off by 2 Qts. on my phone for all recipes. I have checked every setting on both my Windows machine and my iPhone with regards to Mash and Equipment profiles.  The only setting I can't find on my phone is grain absorption which I did update in Windows, so this might be it but I can't find it

First off, where can I find the phone grain absorption value and is there something else that might be going on that is keeping them from matching

Thanks in advance
Rick

So I am still working this issue

Today I decided to see if my iPad matched my Windows setup.  Found that even after bringing over a current recipe and storing the Mash and Equipment profile to my iPad, things are still off.  I found several settings that came across differently such as Grain Weight basis on my laptop was 10.0 lbs., iPad was 12.0.  The water to grain ratio was 1.5 on my laptop, 1.8 on my iPad.

I have adjusted them to match but that defeats the purpose of saving the profile locally.
Is this a bug or did I overlook something?

Next, on my laptop there is an Options > Advanced where I have slightly adjusted the grain absorption, can't find the same setting on my iPad

I also see a difference between them where the laptop show sparge in Gals and my iPad show in Qts, yes I have checked to ensure the options are set the same.  And No, the volumes do not match

Thoughts?
Rick

OK, looks like the grain absorption is what is causing the values to be different.  Once I put the laptop back and re-synced to the cloud, my iPad now matches.

Regarding the grain absorption on IOS 7, is the setting there and I overlooked it or was it overlooked in coding?

Still not sure why the profiles didn't come across the same, that would seem to be a bug unless I am missing something

Rick

Hey Brad,

I remember you saying that grain absorption was coming in a future IOS version, anything on this yet?

Also, any thoughts on why the grain basis is different when a recipe is brought over?

If the recipe is not the same, why use both and move recipes around

Thanks
Rick

We have been having the same problem with the program since the latest update. Seems the volumes and mash out temps are way off. Using a macbook pro, but no mobile device. Is there anyone who can help? We just set up a test recipe and it calls for using more water than the equipment could hold and the mash out temps are at least 10 degrees off. Not sure whats going on.

Back