• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

It's been a good year so far!

Scott Ickes

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
282 bottles of beer on the wall, a 282 bottles of beer. 
Take one down, knock it down, 281 bottles of beer on the wall...

The Lowe's box, has 30 twelve ounce bottles in it.  The rest are full cases.

This doesn't count what's in the fridge.

I get excited whenever I walk into the garage just looking at it!

Attachments

• Beer 007.JPG
    Beer 007.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 10
I have nowhere near that many.  But I should.  You have given me a goal!  I have about 13 cases of small bottles (mostly recycled) and a case of 22s.  They need to be FULL!

That is a nice stockpile!

I never have more than 5 beers ready for drinking at a time.  I need more kegs!
It has been a great year for beer though.
I've done several experimental beers that came out great.  Served up my homebrew at my 30th reunion and a couple other gatherings and they were enjoyed by all.
I've only had two batches that I wasn't happy with.  One was George Washington's small beer recipe.  Molasses based so a little different.  The other was an experimental smoked porter that I just tapped this weekend.  I brewed it at a friend's house as a demonstration and I think it got infected.  First time for that for me.  Overall a good year in beer.

Nice stockpile! What does your wife think of it? :) I've completely lost track of time this year and haven't had much time to work on my own brews - I was mainly spending time in Ireland trying some of their new craft beers, pretty good by the way. It is frustrating though - good year indeed but great time for home brewers/craft drinkers looking at these figures: http://www.statista.com/statistics/267519/craft-beer-volume-share-of-us-beer-production/

Too bad the wife is giving me flak - telling me to spend more time in the gym and less time drinking beer. At least now she's out of town for a week and my fridge is well stocked.

I was just looking and I've only brewed 3 times this year.... :(  I really need to get on the ball.  I have two hobbies that are constantly competing with one another.  Brewing and Good cigars.  But I'm going to try and shoot for once a month if I can swing it.  I'm also trying to swing a grain mill for Christmas....lol 

Mtnmangh said:
I was just looking and I've only brewed 3 times this year.... :(  I really need to get on the ball.  I have two hobbies that are constantly competing with one another.  Brewing and Good cigars.  But I'm going to try and shoot for once a month if I can swing it.  I'm also trying to swing a grain mill for Christmas....lol

I live in west central Wisconsin.  The road I live on was once known as, "Tobacco Road."  Neighbors to my east and west still have old tobacco barns on their property.  Menomonie, where I lived for over 30 years once had a thriving cigar making industry, circa, 1910.

Outside of PA and CT, Very, VERY little cigar tobacco is grown in the US.  Most of the tobacco grown in the states goes to cigarettes and pipe tobacco.  It's a different strain altogether.  And now, they've even taken seed from CT and are growing it in Central America.  Over-regulation at work.

Thank God the gov't has left homebrewing alone for the most part, unless you live in Alabama (poor folks).  I think they may have recently passed a law legalizing it though.  Alabama is crazy.  I read a story not too long back about a lady who got arrested for taking some 40s of Budweiser (which ought to be a crime anyway) into the state from Southern TN.  They have a law against anything bigger than 22s (or24s).  She was arrested and charged.  Crazy stuff.

Ironically, I bought my first Carboy at a homebrew store just outside of Birmingham about 5 years ago. I ordered a few kits from them over the years. Good folks.

Back