• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Crashed Yesterday - Everything Gone Today

Coolhand

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hey guys -

New BeerSmith user here. Purchased a copy in early September and loaded everything in for my 7 BBL system. Equipment profiles, fermentation, inventory, and recipes. Yesterday BeerSmith crashed on shutdown, and today it asked for my registration code again. After putting in the code it let me in to find a blank sheet - none of my data seems to exist. I'm running Win 7 Pro on a Lenovo laptop.

I've managed to recover one recipe that I'd saved to a Dropbox folder.

I honestly don't have time for this, but I guess I'll find the time.  :-[.  Needed it pretty badly today.

Any ideas? Not sure why a crash would actually over-write equipment, recipe, and inventory files.

Thanks,
Justin

Alright guys... recovered things myself. I found a Beersmith directory in a rather random location on Dropbox that looked recently used. Re-directed the Documents Directory in Beersmith and presto... everything is back. Looks like when Beersmith croaked it reverted to a local profile directory, and when I couldn't find anything in the locations I thought I had pointed it, I became worried.

Moral of the story.... make backups of your profile directory.

Back