• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brewlog - Fermentation tab, Measured Efficiency bug with OG 1.031

stiltzkin

Apprentice
Reaction score
Noticed this today. Tried on two different recipes.

BeerSmith: 2.1.02

Open a recipe under your brewlog and open the Fermentation tab.
If I enter:
Measured Batch Size: 7.3 liters
Measured OG: 1.031

BS calculates Measured Efficiency to 69.1%

If I now go back and enter 7.3 liters in "Measured Batch Size" the "Measured Efficiency" goes up to 71.4%(!). Same values, I just re-entered "Measured Batch Size".

If I now change the "Measured OG" to the same value 1.031 (delete everything in the box and type 1.031) and hit Tab the "Measured Efficiency" go back to 69.1%.

It should be calculated to the same value regardless of which order I enter the values. Am I missing something here?

I'm not able to replicate this error. I'm suspecting a rounding error in the batch volume.

I'm wondering what happens if you increase the number of decimal spots for batch volume. Try this: Options > Units > Batch Volume Units. Increase the precision to 2 decimal places.

If that's not the issue, then we should look at other factors, like the equipment profile or specifics of the recipe.

Batch Volume Units is set to 2.

I can't reproduce this with other numbers than 7.3 and 1.031. It's just these two.

Back