• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

So many errors !

camstans

Apprentice
Reaction score
Geez - im having a hard time lately.

ive been playing around with beersmith for the last 4-5 hours preparing and amending recipes and its painfull to get so many errors.

assertation this assertation that - ive literally got to 'save' after every single entry i make or change so i dont lose wasted efforts.

then just when i want to go back and look at a recipe i changed only moments ago i get the 'sorry recipe is currently open on another computer' pop up - - which i assure you its NOT.

this is the most frustrating one, especially after you've researched and plugged in a recipe and you just want to look at it.

whats the go??

:mad:

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 363
Can you drop me a line using the contact us form for the assertion errors?  You should not be seeing them - the code is pretty stable so I wonder if you have some kind of installation issue.

As for the locked cloud file, when you open a recipe for editing in the cloud it will lock it so you don't edit it from another machine.  Since you said your program is crashing (ASSERTING), then likely the program crashed and left it locked open.  The lock will clear itself after an hour or so, but it was in place to prevent editing clashes.

If the program does not crash it will remove the lock when you close the edit, so the real problem is figuring out why you are crashing so much.

Brad

just updated the program (v2.2.12) and started throwing some ingredients around and got the error/s again.

Attachments

• beersmith.jpg
    beersmith.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 386
  • beersmith2.jpg
    beersmith2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 355
This is the 1st time since i posted that i have seen it.
now there is no problem since using it a good half hour.

it wouldn't worry me but i just put all the ingredients in, clicked save and got the error then had to input again.

thats time i could have been drinking a home brew right?

There is a "Recipe Archive" view now that saves all changes to all recipes.  However you should not be seeing these errors, especially with 2.2.12.  I'm wondering if one of the files you are working with is corrupted somehow.

Could you send me an email via the contact-us page?  I can tell you how to reset your files (except your recipes).

Brad

Back