• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Auto updating recipes from profiles

HiGravShawn

Apprentice
Reaction score
I understand the draw of having the profiles attached/copied to the recipes when copied to the brewlog so they stay in sync. However, when updating profiles it would be nice if normal recipes were updated automatically. With the changing seasons I have to change the evaporation (Louisiana an humidity) rates to keep my volumes right. As of now I have to then go and re-add the equipment profile to every single recipe. Sometimes I miss one and my volumes are off. Same thing with lots of other changes. Since my number of recipes is getting quite large this is a big headache.

What if you create equipment profiles for Summer and Winter? I.E.: My Equipment (Summer); My Equipment (Winter)

Instead of updating every recipe (unless you're going to brew all of 'em) it might be easier to just use the Brew Log to update the equipment profile as you brew the batch.

Back