• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brew Systems

S

Sens55

All,

I'm just getting back into homebrewing after over a decade-long hiatus.  I'd really like to get a system put together similar to the Sabco or Brewtree systems.  BUT, I don't want to spend as much as the Sabco systems cost.  They're VERY expensive when you consider my wife would KILL me if I spent that much....tempting, but I have to sleep sometime.  I noticed Brewtree systems online, but all tracking of them seems to cease around the beginning of '05.  So I don't know if they're even available today.

And, just so you know, I'm mechanically disinclined.  I can handle relatively simple assembly, but I'm not handy enough, nor do I have the tools, to build my own from scratch.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Tim,

I think Brewtree is out of business.  I use modified Rubbermaid coolers that I got from B3 and I like them very much.

If you cannot build one (I am like you) try looking at the B3 website.  They have several types to choose from but the more options and bigger you go the more they cost :eek:.  I would love to have the top of the line system they carry but I think that is around 4 grand.

Check it out,

Don

Don,

btw, peeked at YOUR website.  That's AWESOME!  Love the labels.  My 2nd batch is actually an abbey-style Begian (I hope  ;D) that I was thinking I'd call Drunk Monk Ale. 

tim

Here is the link for B3 http://morebeer.com/

I am glad you like the site.  I need more space!  I might have to start paying  :'(

The Drunk Monk was made for a Church auction and the name just stuck.  I thought it was funny.

Wish I'd have thought of giving homebrew for the church auction!  Ours is coming up in a few weeks and I've already given my entry, which is a LOT less unique than a good homebrew.

BrewTree is out of business.  He was actually the first vendor to carry BeerSmith in the early months of the program, but unfortunately he closed his doors some time ago.  I believe several of the larger online stores do have large complete systems available however.

Brad

Brad,

Thanks.  I kind of suspected it.  I looked online and could tell that things seemed to cease around the beginning of '05.  In looking at the Ebay feedback it looks like the demise was ugly.  But, running a business is different than being good at making something well (read The E-Myth Revisiited).

But, lucky for all of us, you're still doing it!

Thanks for everything

Tim

Here is a picture of my system. I did not spend a lot of money or time. I advertized in Craigslist for the kegs and had the rest on hand. Plus many trips to Home Depot. Long story short I have a world class shadetree brewing system that will easily do 10 gallon batches.

The HLT is actually bolted to a 150,000 BTU burner unit. The Mash Tun and Wort Boiler are on a two Burner Hi-Output Range. My Grant is a 3 gallon soup kettle with a ball valve installed. There was no welding used in any of this, just cutting (Sawzall) and drilling (Holesaw) of stainless.

Attachments

• 10-19-2006001reduced.JPG
    10-19-2006001reduced.JPG
    217 KB · Views: 488
Back