• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Can't find Batch sparge size in mobile version

Mr2beers

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello community.

I just downloaded beersmith mobile for iPad after doing a free trial on the desktop version. I transferred one recipe to the cloud and it opened on my iPad perfectly. But when I look at my mash profile for the recipe, which has a batch sparge, there is no measurement size for the sparge water.  On the desktop version it tells me the sparge size is 2.5 gallons, but on the mobile version it seems to be missing this data. It also doesn't appear to show 'total water needed' on the iPad otherwise I could the the math for myself.

Am I missing something or is there a workaround I can do to figure out my batch sparge size on the mobile version?

Hey Mr2Beers

I believe you can find the sparge volume in the timer tab. There you will find both strike and sparge but not total volume needed

Let us know if this is what you are looking for

Rick

Thank you Toy4Rick!  That was what I was looking for.  I would have thought batch-sparge info would be displayed with the Mash details.

I've been playing around with the app for a few days now and I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of it.  I've been using Promash software for about 10 years now, so it's taking me a while to adjust my brain to a new program! So far I'm very pleased with Beersmith's capabilities and I really like the fact that I can run it on my Mac which was the impetus for my change.

It has taken a while to properly tweak out my equipment profile in Beersmith, but now I think I've got it pretty well dialed in and in turn the recipe calculations seem to be much closer to what I would expect from experience. I like having so many different setting options, but some of them can be a bit unclear as to what their function is.

Anyway I think I'm almost ready to put Beersmith to the first test!

Back