• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Batch Control

sfarber53

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see a "batch control" capability. This would allow the brewer to copy the master recipe to a batch record and allow changes, adjustments and notes, etc., but completely under BeerSmith program control. I'd rather not futz around under the covers and maintain directories BeerSmith doesn't know about.

If I have to create this myself I will, but it would be very simple, and so much nicer, if it were a direct part of BeerSmith.

This feature is already in BeerSmith.  From the 'master file' you can select a recipe and click on the 'copy to log' button on the toolbar.  This places a copy of the recipe in a BeerSmith folder labeled 'Brew Log'.  From here you can make adjustments, substitutions, notes, comments, etc. which will not affect the master recipe but are recorded in that copy of the recipe.

I use the brew log as well.  I have my folders organized into recipes, brew log, and recipes to brew.

Back