• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Can I change data like alpha acid for multiple hops in a recipe?

beerkench

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,

Say I import a recipe from the Cloud, can I change the alpha acid for all the individual hops at once instead of going through each?
So a recipe I downloaded has multiple Chinook additions at 13% but my Chinook is 12.8% so do I have to go through every Chinook addition and change it?

go to  Ingredients.  Hops  Chinook  and change and save it there.

Once they are in the recipe, you will have to change each one.  Either by adding a new version to the hops list ( as KernelCrush suggests) and the substituting, or by double clicking in the recipe.

Each item in a recipe is a local instance of the ingredient it was sourced from.  This means that you can modify the individual item in your recipe to match your actual brew day without affecting the "master" copy of the item in an ingredient list.  As an ex-software designer, I can see the pros and cons of this design.  The pros far outweigh the cons.

Another way without having to change screens is go to design view, edit the AA on your first hop addition, then slide over to 'Save Item" under the beer glass then do the substitutions for the remaining hop additions

Ok thanks. I guess it would be a nice mod in future versions to be able to hold shift and select and correct the value for more than one addition.

Back