• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith 2.2 Update for Desktop Released!

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
All,
  I released BeerSmith 2.2 today (26 Nov 2013):
  Downloads are here:  http://beersmith.com/download-beersmith/
  More details on features here:  http://beersmith.com/blog/2013/11/26/beersmith-2-2-desktop-released/

Cheers,
Brad

I downloaded the new version 2.2 and checked out the changes for ibu calcs for steeped hops.  Nice add.

Since I updated, each time run the program I get this message "A new version of BeerSmith is available - would you like to download it in the background?"

I've chosen yes and on other occasion I chose no to the question.  It always comes back.  Did I update wrong.  Help says it is version 2.2.08

I had basically the same problem. It would download in the background but wouldn't install.  I had to go to beer smith website and download the update.

I downloaded and saved from the website first.  After that I keep getting the download in the background message

Brad had made minor patches and posted an update almost every day, since the release. So if you're getting the update message, then there is a patch available. The download goes on in the background. However, in windows your copy of BeerSmith has to be closed in order to install it.

Current update is 2.2.09

Sorry about this - it turns out there was an obscure bug that would not allow the background download to start correctly if you had the "Startup" screen open (i.e. Show startup screen on launch").  It was corrected in build 2.2.09 so once you have that you should be able to run any of the background updates correctly.

If you can't get the update to download and run in the background you can try either just downloading 2.2.09 (or higher) from the main download page and installing it or cancel the update, check the "Show startup screen on launch" off, close, then restart and allow the update to install.

I would have fixed it earlier, but we only had the first reports of this yesterday while I was posting other updates.  I apologize for the bugs but I've been patching them around the clock as fast as I find them.  Even with 100+ beta testers, its not possible to capture every possible machine combination and use case.

The new release is getting better every day, and I'll continue to improve on it.

brewfun said:
Brad had made minor patches and posted an update almost every day, since the release. So if you're getting the update message, then there is a patch available. The download goes on in the background. However, in windows your copy of BeerSmith has to be closed in order to install it.

Current update is 2.2.09

looks pretty good.  Seemed to launch quicker but that could be my imagination.  It will take a bit to get used to the printout as I was so used to seeing a plan-Jane B/W report and now we've got a much nicer looking color printout! (NICE).  One aspect that I would like fixed... the notes section.  When I print this page out everything looks great on two pages but after the notes area it's all black (so you really can't write anything on the paper (I used that quite often when minor step changes were made in the brew process.. :p

Back