• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

A few more suggestions

Yeasty

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Man, you have a lot on your list it looks like! If you implement even half of what's on this board you will have one helluva program. Already can't imagine living without BeerSmith, but here's a few things I'd like to see:

*ability to add/edit priming ingredients (maple syrup, e.g.) A field for SRM and %fermentability would be great. Then it shows up in the dropdown menu.
*add to the dilution tool an IBU calculator, and also the ability to blend beers (i.e., SG, abv, SRM and IBU fields for the dilutant and the diluted) - that would really rock.
*think this may have been mentioned (or maybe there's a way to do it) but ti would be great to time your fermentable additions in the boil (e.g., late extract, honey in secondary, etc.) which would corrolate with IBU's.
*a way to show d-rest and lagering in fermentation (perhaps a number of days going from primary temperature to secondary and again to tertiary.) Not a log of the temp curve, just the how long it took to get to the next temp.
Thanks for an awesome program!
Taylor

AND...
have the system's boiloff factored into the IBU calcs, rather than just a default (right?) to more accurately measure the rise in SG and consequent loss of hop utility.

Thanks Taylor!
  I appreciate your suggestions!

Brad

Woops! Forgot one!
This may be possible as-is, but I'd like to make a file of grains and extract that only includes what my lhbs carries; likewise hops and yeast, though less important. Then when I click the "Add Grain/Extract" button in a new recipe, I can choose it as a filter. Dig? I don't want to lose the info on, say, Thomas Faucett Black Malt, for instance, but I'd like to filter it and about 40% of the other stuff on a day-to-day basis.

Oh yeah, and I can't seem to delete water profiles, e.g., oen that you accidentally enter twice.

Yeasty,

You should be able to delete your water profiles by entering the "water profile" view on the left of the screen, then right click on the water profile you want to delete then select "delete".

Cheers
Andrew

Back