• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Scaling Recipe Bug in Builds 2.2.07 and earlier (2.2+ only)

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hi,
  Unfortunately a recipe scaling bug was reported today and it appears that in many cases recipes are not being scaled correctly with the "scale recipe" command.  The problem is most apparent when you have whirlpool hops in the scaling or fail to check the "Match original gravity, color and bitterness" when scaling.

Scaling bitterness on a "whirlpool/aroma" hop addition is also broken (its a related bug).

I've implemented a fix in builds 2.2.08 and higher, which I hope to post to the download page tomorrow, but in the meantime the main workaround is to make sure you check the "Match original gravity, color and bitterness" box in the scale recipe dialog.  Also you may need to adjust any whirlpool/steeped hops manually as the numbers for these are way off when scaling.

Cheers,
Brad

I posted the 2.2.08 build a few minutes ago for all versions which corrects this issue - recommend updating if you have anything earlier.

Brad

Back