• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Memory Access Violation

mb@bs

Apprentice
Reaction score

Saved recipe, then on the design tab I double clicked one of the ingredients.  Only happened once and wasn't able to reproduce it after.

Thanks
If you find any other details or are able to duplicate it please let me know.  Also which version of OS are you running (Windows, Mac,  Linux and version)?

Brad

BeerSmith said:
Thanks
If you find any other details or are able to duplicate it please let me know.  Also which version of OS are you running (Windows, Mac,  Linux and version)?

Brad

Sorry, I should have mentioned those details.  Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, all updates current.  BeerSmith 2.2 Trial Version, downloaded yesterday.

Windows Application Log for what it's worth:

Faulting application name: BeerSmith2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5298c121
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000
Faulting process id: 0x8148
Faulting application start time: 0x01ceed896c693620
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\BeerSmith2\BeerSmith2.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: af12d5e0-5980-11e3-80d2-415645000030

I just received the same error.

Windows 8, all patched.  BS 2.2.10 installed this morning

I had about 12 tabs open and was closing each one using the touchpad/mouse and when they were all closed except for the current recipe and the default recipe and brew log folder, there it popped up

Attachments

• MAV Error.png
    MAV Error.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 337
Thanks,
  I'm trying to get this to happen in the debugger but no joy so far...I'll keep trying.  From the error message it is trying to access a piece of memory it should not but unfortunately I don't have a stack trace to figure out where it is going.

If you get any more information please pass it along.  I'll continue to work it here as well.

Brad

Made some progress on this today - I may have found the source of the crash.  I'm working on a fix and will post a link later today here on a version for you to try out.

It appears it is trying to access some information from a closed view (for certain commands, and certain views), resulting in the error.  I hope to have a fix here later today.

Brad

Posted a "potential" fix candidate here.  Let me know how it goes as I may publish it with some other changes later this week.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/BeerSmith2-2/BeerSmith2_2_11.exe

Brad

Back