BeerSmith Software > BeerSmith 2 Questions

Custom Brew Steps report

(1/3) > >>

Beer_Tigger:
Hey Brad, what is the "correct" way to modify the Brew Steps report?  I love it mostly, but want to make some tweaks for my use.  I know I could hack into the files, but I'd rather not and I'd rather not lose my mods when a new version gets installed.

Thanks.

grathan:
I'd like to do this as well. I can see a few of my failed attemps listed in the options.

What if you change the filename of an existing report and edit and add that?

tom_hampton:
Copy the "newbrewsheet.htm" file to "my documents\beersmith2\reports".  Copy the "style.css" to the same directory. 

Edit the copied files to your hearts content.  A new installation will have no impact on your existing report or style sheet.

grathan:
Notepad isn't very good to look at that file (no lines). is there a better way to edit newbrewsheet in windows?

Also Is there a list of tags somewheres that can be used in the report?

tom_hampton:
Um sure....any HTML editor will do.  Notepad++ is free and has a HTML syntax highlighter.  I'm a long time software engineer, so I'm pretty comfortable looking at HTML in "code" mode. 

I have an old copy of Microsoft Frontpage that I use for WYSIWYG type things.   I'm sure there are others, but I only use what I have. 

PS: if you aren't terribly familiar with HTML or CSS, I highly recommend w3schools.com.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 
Go to full version