• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Unhandled Signal 4?

etcetrah

Apprentice
Reaction score
After downloading and running the latest upgrade, I get this error message every time I try to open the program.

"Unhandled Signal 4
[.\BSApp.cpp:34 compiled Nov 30 2013]

This is a fatal error - shutting down BeerSmith"

Any ideas?  I looked through several other posts and didn't see anything like this.  I'm running Windows XP SP3

I just downloaded the most recent 12/4/13 version and am no longer getting the message above. Now there is a windows error message that has an error signature:

AppName: beersmith2.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: ldrtbapp0.dll
ModVer: 6.11.2.6 Offset: 000016f9

Hi,
  It looks like that DLL is the condiut toolbar in your browser which is probably crashing the preview window when the program opens (BeerSmith uses IE as a plugin).

You may want to go to Internet Explorer and remove the Conduit toolbar (or variation) to correct this issue.  It looks like it is not a good plugin to run in any case.
  http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/appbario2-Toolbar-13319-program.aspx

Brad

Success!  After I manually deleted the appbario and Conduit folders from Program Files, since their respective Uninstall programs gave error messages, I got a similar message regarding a .dll file that goes with something called SocialSearch toolbar (I think).  I had to delete THAT one by hand as well, but now everything seems to be up and running.  Thanks for your help, I would never have figured that out on my own.

Cheers!

Back