• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Automatic date change

jim81147

Apprentice
Reaction score
This may be something that is already present and I just dont know how to use it. When I bring up my " preview my brew sheet" and then print it so I can take it out to the garage where I brew , the date is always the day that I first entered the recipe . I have to write the actual date that I am brewing ,and sometimes(alot of times) I forget. If the preview sheet date changed automatically that would be a small , but nice feature that would make it alot easier to keep track of the timeline on your brews.

Hmmm,
  Not sure how to handle this one.  I don't think you want to change the date on a recipe every time you print it out.  Perhaps there is a better way to handle this such as prompting for the date when you go to copy it to the brew log?

Any thoughts?

Brad

Anytime I brew I always COPY the recipe to the brewlog, that way my original recipe stays the same and I can make whatever, if any, adjustments to the recipe that are required, that includes changing the brew date in the recipe view to the current or future date I will be brewing the beer on. This has become second nature to me and gives a bit of flexability if I plan to brew a few days after I have printed the recipe i can stil lprint it out using a future date.

Cheers
Andrew

I'm hoping this will also be a bit easier once I have the brewing calendar available (it is a new feature in works).  It may help one to plan future brews and also keep the dates straight.

Cheers!
Brad

I also COPY the original recipe.  That way I can put in exact dates, times, gravities, and ingredient qty's after I've brewed this version.  Nothing seems to be exactly like last time.  Too busy to move to secondary, so it's in the primary three extra days this time.  Then I can compare the results and see which version I liked better.  So then you know that the most important aspect of this brew is to get it into the secondary in exactly 7 days, or whatever.  I've got a brew that I keep trying to reproduce, but so far the original time was the best.  But at least I know what the differences are between attemps because they are all unique copies.  I name them something like "04 Exotic IPA", then my next brew is "05 Bambi's Blonde", then in the futrue: "17 Exotic IPA" and so on.  It also alows them to sort in the order I brewed them.

Back