• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Additions to Ingredients List Disappear

RichCC

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I've upgraded to version 2.2.12.

This morning I was working on a recipe and need to add a new malt to the ingredients list.  I opened the file, Grain.bsmx, and clicked on the "add ingredient" button.  A new window opened, and I was able to enter the information for the new malt.  I clicked "OK," and the new malt was in the ingredient list.  When exiting this tab, I was asked whether I wanted to save the file, Grain.bsmx, before exiting.  Yes, seems the safe choice.  However, when I went back to my recipe, the new malt is no longer listed in the available list of grains.  It seems that the software constantly reverts back to the original version of Grain.bsmx, and that the additions I made are not saved.

Oh.... I'm using the MAC version.

OK.... I solved my own problem.  I found that if I clicked on "Ingredients", on the very very top bar, and then clicked on "grain," the window for adding a new grain profile opens.  When you do the addition this way, and click OK at the end, the new ingredient is indeed saved to the master ingredient list (i.e. the grain.bsmx file).

I'm not sure where I picked up the procedure that I described in the original post, but that was the problem.  Just passing this along in case anyone else ran into the same issue.

Back