• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Debian LInux 7.2.0 32 bit

brewingmike

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi... I installed Debian Linux 7.2.0 to an old Thinkpad and installed the latest linux version of BeerSmith.  I can install the package, and the application is set on the Education tab under Applications.  When I click it to start it is sits for about 10 seconds and then nothing.  I also installed the windows version under Wine (following a set of instructions on the forum) and the same thing.

I'm new to Linux but will provide any answers the best I can.  Any help is appreciated.

I have not tested it under Debian linux - it was compiled with Ubuntu currently.  Not sure it is compatible.

Brad

Understood, Brad.  As I mentioned I'm new to the linux world... I know there are a number of flavors of linux, and its a bit confusing. 

I appreciate your help.

I don't see any differences on my Debian desktop vs. my Ubuntu laptop. 
The first time I installed though, I was missing a library on Debian, and I think it may have not been listed as a dependency in the .deb file.  I started from the command line, and that identified the missing package.

I'm having the same issue on Debian Linux Wheezy.  I attempted to start the application from Terminal and got: "`GLIBC_2.15' not found (required by beersmith2)".  After some reading, Wheezy currently uses GLIBC 2.13, hence the error.  Has anyone found a way around this issue or should I just give up and install Unbuntu?  Any help at all would be appreciated.

mrkstel

Back