• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Dollar Cost Averaging not working

AllanMar

New Forum Member
Reaction score
V 2.2.12/PC

When adding items to inventory.
Inventory->Add Hops.

I enter the amount of the new purchase and the price, if I already have 1lb of hops at $1.00/lb, and I add 1lb of hops at $2/lb, I end up with 2lbs at $2? The help said it should average the cost but it doesnt seem to? Seems the same for Grain as well.

BeerSmith does not currently have transaction based inventory so it can't really do dollar cost averaging at this time.

Brad

Brad,

Mayb i'm misunderstanding, I thought this was how it worked based on the help file:

The Inventory view lets you manage your inventory of ingredients used for brewing.  From here you can add items to inventory, and edit the inventory and prices of items.

New Feature: If you have an existing item in inventory with a given price, then add a new item at a different price from the shopping cart, BeerSmith will dollar-average the price to determine average cost of the items in inventory.

See Also: Shopping List, Understanding Inventory Management, Editing Functions

Back