• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

My recipes not showing saved recipes

john00001

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I have BeerSmith Mobile full 2.1 (2.01.059) for Android downloaded from Amazon app store.
I've attempted to create my own recipe.  The creation process goes just fine but once I save it it does not show up in My Recipes.  No error messages after I click save.
A similar thing happens when creating my own Equipment, I'll setup the equipment, save it.  It does show in the list but if I go out to the home screen then back to equipment, my newly added equipment is gone.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, John

Additionally I've tried:
Force stop, clear cache, uninstall, and reinstall.  Several times.  No luck.

Also I found that if I attempt to copy a recipe from the cloud to local, the recipe does not show up in My Recipes. 

Could someone please point me to where the application files are located, maybe Android is not fully removing the app?  I'll then try installing again.

I may have a solution for you.

First, force close BeerSmith from the Android task manager.

If you can, download any of the free file managers for Android from the Google
Play store.  Then open the file manager and navigate to the directory:
  "Android/data/com.beersmith.beersmith2lite/files"

In that directory delete the files "edsave.json" and "timer.txt" if they exist.

Likely one of these is corrupt, possibly due to errors in earlier versions of the program.

Finally restart BeerSmith and you should be in business again.

Brad

Back