• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Document Directory

RAJ

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I run BeerSmith on two computers, a desktop and laptop.  I have set up my document directory on a cloud folder so I can access data from any computer.  It works fine on my desktop running BeerSmith 2.1.02, and used to run fine on my laptop.  But I just installed version 2.2 on my laptop and reset the document directory to the same Cloud Drive and get error messages when I start the program that generally say that file can't be accessed from the Cloud folder.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I do not recommend running BeerSmith from a shared drive.  The issue is that if you accidentally run two copies at once they can overwrite each other, even causing data corruption (and crashes).  The recommended way to share recipes across machines is to actually use the BeerSmith cloud folder (BeerSmithRecipes.com or View->Cloud) as this will not overwrite each other.

Brad

What about a check before any file loads to see if the current version is newer than the one trying to load?

Back