• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Two small suggestions

dcampbell

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Just have two suggestions that I think would make a great additions

Firstly, instead of inputting the brewday measurements in the design tab, perhaps a tab where you could insert brewday measurements (Date brewed, pre-boil gravity, OG, FG etc.) for a number of different batches of the same recipe could be included? I get confused sometimes when I see the measurable value fields in the design tab (thinking I've done something wrong/lost a recipe revision), it would be nice if the design and the measured aspects were kept apart.

Secondly I thought it would be cool if it was possible to create a profile for different Homebrew Shops where you could attach the shops individual ingredient prices? This would allow comparison of prices and perhaps Homebrew Shops might create their own profiles for customers.

Good ideas. It doesn't make sense when designing a recipe to be prompted for F.G. The Selected Fields in the Design View should default to not being shown at all.

When I design a recipe, one of the first things I do is go through the screens and zero out all manual input fields.  This gives me a fresh start when I go to brew and I don't have to remember if I entered a number or not.

Oginme said:
When I design a recipe, one of the first things I do is go through the screens and zero out all manual input fields.  This gives me a fresh start when I go to brew and I don't have to remember if I entered a number or not.

You could do what I do.  Make a template recipe with everything already zeroed out.  I also put the stuff in that I always use, like plate chiller, irish moss, yeast nutrient into the template recipe.  All I have to do when creating a new recipe is highlight the template, then right click and click copy.  I then click away from them so that nothing is highlighted, right click and then click paste and it makes another copy.  As soon as I put the name in at the top of the recipe, I have a recipe with my starting stuff already in and all of the stuff I want zeroed out already zeroed out.  Saves a lot of time!

dcampbell said:
Secondly I thought it would be cool if it was possible to create a profile for different Homebrew Shops where you could attach the shops individual ingredient prices? This would allow comparison of prices and perhaps Homebrew Shops might create their own profiles for customers.

If you go to "Ingredients" > "Grain"/"Hops"/"Yeast"/etc. > Double click the item you want, you can change the price there.

Back