• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

What can I do with "Roggenmalz"(RyeMalt)

Gambrinus

Apprentice
Reaction score
Please, write here all that You want, because this will a first time for me that I will brew with rye malt.
Thank You

Off the top of my head,

An American Rye Catagory 7 D I believe, thye only catagory that specificly includes Rye
A Rye PA, which would fit as an experimental catagory.  Many people brew this and love it.

Fred

Well, there's roggenbier obviously, but I wouldn't hesitate to put it into any English or American pale (including IPA, ESB, etc.) at a rate of 5-15%. A saison would take it well, and then you could just play around.
I'm fermenting a "roggenrauch," basically a rauch beer with a bunch of rye malt in it. I cam up with the name "Roggenrauch ain't nose pollution," and then had to make the beer. Works that way sometimes. :-\

Thank to All of them!
I have 2 kg of it and I'll try for the beggining to brew

All Grain Recipe - Rye American Pale Ale ::: 1.057/1.010 (5 Gal)
Grain Bill
8 lbs. - 2 Row Malt
4 lbs. - Rye Malt (40L)

Hop Schedule (50 IBU)
3/4 oz - Magnum hops (60 min.)
1 oz - Cascade hops (20 min.)
1 oz - Cascade hops At Flameout

Yeast
White Labs California Ale Yeast (WLP001) - 1800 ml starter

Mash/Sparge/Boil
Mash at 150° to 153° for 60 min.
Sparge as usual
Boil for a total of 90 Minutes
Cool and ferment at 65° to 68°

and in Christmas I will in Germany and will buy any kg for rauchbier

Heya ... I wrote that recipe : please ignore my error with the (40L) next to the rye malt --- there's no 40 L rye that I am aware of.

Thanks and enjoy.

Back