• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Transfering profiles from mobile created to desktop

JCDoty

Apprentice
Reaction score
I like to build profiles and recipes in the iPad app. I understand how to move the recipes with their profiles to the iCloud and then to open the recipe in desktop version and to save the recipe to the destop "my recipes". What I can't seem to do is save the profiles to the desktop from the mobile-created recipe. I know this works in the other direction with the save-in-my-profiles button on the mobile but I can't find that option anywhere in the desktop.

What am I missing here.

Thanks

Hi,
  If you download the latest version from the main download page (version 2.2.12) it has a save button next to each of the profiles if you open any recipe up (including one you transferred from the mobile device via the cloud).

Brad

Ok, I downloaded v 2.2.12, did the installer to the apps folder, replaced the older version,THEN tried to open it and got the following prompt:

BeerSmith 2.app can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

Actually I don't ever remember this ever happening with an app download.

Looks now like I have lost BeerSmith completely on my Mac since I had the download replace the original.

Need help now for sure.

Well, this must be a new one from Apple. I found the resolution:

Open an app from an unidentified developer
The app you tried to open was not registered with Apple by an identified developer. This doesn’t necessarily mean that something’s wrong with the app. For example, some apps were written before developer ID registration began. However, the app has not been reviewed, and OS X can’t check whether the app has been modified or broken since it was released.
A common way to distribute malware is to take an innocent app and insert harmful code into it, and then redistribute the infected app.
The safest approach is to look for a later version of the app from the Mac App Store or look for an alternative app.
In addition to apps, other types of files may not be safe. Scripts, web archives, and Java archives have the potential to cause harm to your system.
To override your security settings and open the app anyway:
    .    In the Finder, locate the app you want to open.
Don’t use Launchpad to do this. Launchpad doesn’t allow you to access the shortcut menu.
    .    Press the Control key, then click the app icon.
    .    Choose Open from the shortcut menu.
The app is saved as an exception to your security settings, and you will be able to open it in the future by double-clicking it, just like any registered app.
    .    Click Open.
To change your security settings, see:
Protect your Mac from malware
Was this page helpful?Send feedback.

anyway, I now have BeerSmith back and updated.

Thanks Brad

Back