• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Wish List

M

mortong

This is a great tool - I ended up buying it after a few hours of the free trial.

I'm in the process of converting all of my batch record sheets and there are a few things I'd love to see:

1.  Some way to accurately record batches of cider.  I brew a few batches a year, and would like to be able to put together a full recipe sheet showing everything: projected OG, FG, color, etc.

2.  Dates for racking to secondary and bottling/kegging date (rather than # of days in primary/secondary, or as an option).

3.  The ability to set pounds and ounces for individual grains (for example - 6# of M&F light DME I'd like to list in pounds, 2 oz. of Chocolate Malt, I'd like to list in ounces), rather than just have it displayed that way.

4.  That ability to attach images--for instance beer label images--to recipes.  This is less usefull than the ones above, but hey, it's my wish list!

Thanks for putting out a great tool, and thanks again for putting this Suggestions forum here.

Geoff

Hi Geoff, welcome to the fold,

Be carefull what you wish for, it might come true :D
Not too sure about number one, not being a cider brewer you will have to bare with me. Couldn't your apple juice be treated like an extract? I am sure Brad will let you know.

Number 2 I am pretty sure Brad is looking at implementing in a future upgrade as I am sure this has been discussed before.

Number 3, are you asking to limit the specialty grains to oz only? Or do you want to be able to select what grains you would like for certain measures, like you can with Miscellaneous items?

Number 4, I like that idea too a nice jpeg piccy of the beer in the glass after you have cracked a bottle or keg would be cool.

Cheers
Andrew

Andrew:

I'm not sure about adding cider as extract.  I played with it a little, but couldn't get the results I wanted.  Maybe with some more experimentation I can get it right.  If so, I'll post it in another thread for cider lovers out there.

For number 3, I was thinking that it would be nice to be able to choose which units of measurements, the way Misc. items is set up.

Thanks for the response,

Geoff

I'm kind of interested myself as to how to add cider as an ingredient.
There must be a way since there are 9 different styles of cider listed in Beersmith.

Jeff

If you guys can give me a SG of cider I can get you real close for adding it as an extract.  The trouble is that it will be quite variable since the sweetness of apples is variable.
I think it will be very close to the apple itself, 5-7 PPPPG.  You just have to know the weight of the liquid.

Fred

I generally use Tree Top apple juice for my cider.  I've found that it provides excellent and consistent results.  The OG on every batch of cider using Tree Top has been exactly 1.050.  Using fresh, orchard cider is usually between 1.050 and 1.056.

Back