• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Vers. 2.2.12 - Mashing Timer resets after 1:04:02

Alex Red

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello, updated to version 2.2.12, and found this problem...
It appears that the mashing timer resets itself and stops after about an elapsed time of 1:04:02...
No way to set it to a bigger time and run it, even is mashing is lasting past such a time...
Can not be sure if this happens to the Boiling timer too, this time I used a 60 minutes boiling time...

Regards...

Alex

I'm not able to replicate this issue. Can you post your mash schedule, so I can run the timer on it?

Hello....

Sorry for the delay...
Attached here is the Mashing timer schedule as reported by its panel...
I tested another recipe with different scheduling, and had same problem, more, it happens also with the Boil timer...
Same problem, as I set a time longer of 1:02:00, the timer resets itself to 0:00:00, and the 'next step in' timing reports inconsistent timings...
For example, I have an overall boiling time of 1:30:00, if I manually set a time of 1:20:00, the timer ressets to 0:00:00, and the 'Next Step In' shows a time if 1:48:05

thanks

Alex

Attachments

• Mash Schedule.jpg
    Mash Schedule.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 346
Wow, something really funky here because I cannot repeat the problem.  I took an experimental recipe and created a mash profile to mimic what you have posted above.  The timer is chugging away at 1:10:42 with no signs of resetting.

Alex Red said:
Attached here is the Mashing timer schedule as reported by its panel...

Hi Alex;

This error seems to be something isolated to your copy of BeerSmith. Something in the timer seems to have corrupted.

Have you tried reinstalling BeerSmith?

First backup your personal BeerSmith folder. If you're using Windows, this is Documents/BeerSmith2.  This folder contains your recipes and custom profiles.

What operating system are you using?

Hello....
Thanks for the support...

- Have uninstalled beersmith 2...
- Cleared and checked windows registry  ( Windows XP Pro @ 32 bits SP3 updated )
- Downloaded and installed again version 2.2.12, and activated it...
- selected a sample recipe, Burton Bridge Bitter
- Set mashing timer to 1:10:00
- Set boiling timer to 1:10:00

Attached are the results of the settings...
You can see that both timers reset to 0:00:00, and the 'Next Step in' panels show inconsistent timings...

The platform is a Win XP SP3, updated of everything, as I use it for work...
Prior to version 2.2.12 I had not this problem...

Alex

Attachments

• BeerSmith2 error.jpg
    BeerSmith2 error.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 361
Odd - I just tried this exact recipe in Win 7 and it times perfectly across that boundary.  I wonder if it is a Windows XP issue?  I'll try to fire up my old Win XP machine this week and take a look.

Brad

Hello....

I found this problem happens only on a particular PC mounting XP...
I tested on a Win7 64 PC and another XP pro PC ( with same updates as the bad one ), and there it seems to run ok...
I have not any idea of what  may be wrong on that particular PC, also coz before updating to latest version, all worked fine...
I hope it's not the usual MS update which corrupts all... or may be a changed DLL...

So, sorry for the loss of time...
I think this post could be closed...

Thanks for the support

Regards...

Alex

Back