• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Group hop additions by time

ExcitableBoy

Apprentice
Reaction score
I would like to be able to break down the hops into groups based on the time they are added.  So it would be easier to build a recipe and look at it in the Design tab.

Create something like a "bucket" for which you can throw your hop additions in together based on time they are added, something like: 60 minute hops, 15 minute boil hops, flame out hops, dry hops 1,  and dry hops 2.

On the Design tab page the hops should be listed in a separate color or have a line differentiating them based on times added to the mash, wort or fermenter.  Right now they are listed in order based on the weight low to high.  If the hops bucket or grouping is not easy to do at least list the hops additions on the Design tab so that they are ordered by time, not based on weight so it would be easier to look at and analyze.

What if you click on the blank column instead of the Amt one? At least that would group them by addition time.

The blank column did not work.  I clicked on the # column and it showed each item based on what looks like a reasonable timeline and made what I think is a better layout to understand the brew schedule.

Back