• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Style sheet not found

beerjd

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,  I think I have found a bug.  When previewing or print previewing a recipe the design is shown without a style sheet applied.

I am running Windows 7 and I think the issue maybe that I have my user folder is on a different drive from my where BeerSmith is installed.

So I have BeerSmith installed in it's usual position (C:\Program Files (x86)\BeerSmith2)
but my user directory is on E:  So the personnel directory is found at E:\Users\John\Documents\BeerSmith2\

If I go to E:\Users\John\Documents\BeerSmith2\Reports and drag one of the htm file found there then I do get a wonderfully formatted page but this time without the Beer colour icon. (I think this is not loading because Firefox does not have permission to read from C:\Program Files (x86)\ as the image file does exist)

I have just re-installed to make sure it was not a quirk of a previous install.

Thanks
John

John,
  I guess this is possible, but it should be copying the style sheet over automatically to your Reports directory under your Documents/BeerSmith2 directory.  There should be a style.css file there.  You can move it over from the Program Files directory if it does not exist.

I'm not sure why this would be happening unless it does not have permissions to your Documents/BeerSmith2/Reports directory to write the files?  I have my user folder on a separate hard drive and it works fine.

Brad

Thanks Brad,  It is very odd the style.css is in the Documents/BeerSmith2/Reports directory but it is not picking it up.  If I open the htm file in IE then the style sheet loads correctly but does not load in BeerSmith.  I have tried to explicitly set the path in the template but this does not work either.  Could this be a permissions issue for the IE plugin you use for Beersmith? 

How can I completely remove BeerSmith so I can re-install?  If I just remove then re-install I get the same issue.
Do you set the Documents/BeerSmith2/Reports or user directory somewhere?

Thanks
John

Back