• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

importing a recipe and personal settings in Beersmith

P

pangea

Is there anyway to have Beersmith automatically change equipment settings, efficiencies, and such to my personal preferences from those that are imported with a recipe designed by another brewer?  While I'm sure I'll beat it in my head to always check and change these things, I wondered it I could set it to automatically do it.

I have all my preferences set to auto when producing a new recipe but I have forgotten to manually change them a few times when brewing an imported recipe.  I know: my own incompetence.  But I spent a bit of time last night trying to figure out why my sparging quantities were goofy. 

I don't have a way to automatically do it, but if you use the scale recipe command you can do it pretty quickly - just select your equipment settings and also your efficiency when scaling a new recipe.

Cheers!
Brad

Back