• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Selected lockops in beersmith

Snackops

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I'm using beer smith 2 for android and boy its is terrible.

I can't use in for more than 5 minutes and 2 recipe additions before I have to restart it because it stops accepting text input. Keyboard app works just fine I can start typing but it won't go into the content boxes in beer smith. Nothing seems to trigger it. It just happens after a few minutes of using it. Then I have to exit and start over. I've logged nearly 4 hours building a hop schedule because it keeps crapping out after every other addition. And I'm lucky if I can get it to save at this point. I've had to wait between 5 and 10 minutes to get it to respond and save my progress. I've entered half of my hop schedule half a dozen times. Its deleted my progress AFTER saving a few times. It also refuses to show the recipe when I click on it about 80% of the time. Until I go in to enter it. So as it stats I'll have spent far more time trying to enter a recipe(its already been built with a different program I use at work) and I wanted to enter it into my tablet for home use. Haven't got very far.

It already takes in in ordinate amount of time to build a recipe with the app. Spending 5 out of 10 minutes using it trying save and restart makes it pointless, I could calculate everything on paper faster than using this app.

Hi, 

I spent nearly a week of my time investigating this exact problem.  It turned out to be caused by "swiftkey" which is a third party
keyboard plugin (though some related keyboard plugins have the same issue).

If you go to the task bar, shut down the BeerSmith app, then go to the Android settings and enable the standard Android keyboard
your problems will go away.

Unfortunately the bug is in swiftkey - so please drop them a problem report:
  http://support.swiftkey.net/forums/116693-2-bug-reports/suggestions/3808949-phonegap-app
  http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cordova-issues/201304.mbox/%3CJIRA.12644151.1366735434211.208903.1366736116742@arcas%3E

I believe some users have reported success running the very latest version of Swiftkey as well but I can't personally verify that.

Brad

Back