• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brew Steps- Change report printing style

Jhwk

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to change the default brew steps print out style.  For years I have always hit Brew steps button in the recipe view and a separate window would open, showing me the brew sheet in the classic format. I would then hit the print button and go on my merry way. 

Today, when I went to print out my recipe for my new Helles, a different style sheet came up, as a tab in the BeerSmith window with no indication anywhere as to how I could print or even look at any other style of sheet.  I can go to my recipe view and highlight a brew and ask it to pull up the view in the classic style, but that doesn't help me when I'm working on the recipe, have everything set, and want to print my brew steps for the day.

Any ideas?

Windows 7 - 64 bit, latest version of BeerSmith. (2.2.12)

Rod Murray - proud BeerSmith user since 2008...

I have the same problem today. Yesterday, I was able to print as I have always done for the last few years. I liked being able to print out the instructions in various formats. Today, I am locked into this colorized brewsheet in a much smaller font, and sad to say, it is almost too small to read. I teach people to brew, and sometimes some of the other formats are just easier for them to read...

The only way I know how to switch the brew sheet report is from the My Recipes view. Above the current selected recipe there will be a drop down to select various reports.  You can select the previous brew sheet from there and print it.  However, this does not change the brew sheet that you see while working in the recipe.  I cannot find how to do this while working in the recipe.

I just posted a printing issue I am having in a new thread.

By the way, I forgot to mention that the selection for the default report does not affect the Brew Steps. 
The Beer Smith Help file states:
Changing Report Formats
o On the title bar for the preview window pane is a drop-down box that shows the currently selected report format and lets you choose other report formats.
o To add additional report formats or create your own, please see the Custom Reports section

Setting the Default Report Format
o Just to the left of the current report format name on the title bar of the preview pane is a small flag icon.  Clicking on this icon will let you set the default report format for a given type (for example recipes or hops)
o You must confirm your selection when you change the default report format

While this does change the report that shows up in the My Recipes view it does not change the Brew Sheet report from within a recipe.

Back