• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Customizable Events recalled by timers...

Alex Red

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello....

During the brewing usually a lot of things have to be done sequentially, from checking Ph of sparge water, to wash the kettles, sainitizing and prepare stuff to use in order and so on...
So, at least for me drewing in a small space, it happens sometimes I forgot something to do at the right moment, for example, last time, I forgot to correct the Ph of the sparge water before starting to heating it up...
So, I though it would be nice if in a recipe could be possible to add some kind of customizable events or notes, may be in the mash tab or better in the timers tab, in which the user could specify a certain action to be performed at a certain time during all the processing and then used by the timers...

Thanks...

Alex

Many are already doing this.  Just create an ingredient called "Check PH" or "Adjust Sparge Water PH" and put it in your miscellaneous ingredients.  Or make an ingredient called "Immersion Wort Chiller".

Then you just add that ingredient to your default/template recipe and it's always there when you formulate a new recipe.

I like what the OP is suggesting. A DB of Timer Profiles that would have various brewing procedures listed and specific to the timer function, instead of the recipe. That would eliminate some editing of "check mash pH" from the shopping list.

Yup, as do I. 

I currently add several steps to my Mash profiles for actions that I conduct DURING the mash:

Measure pH
Heat Sparge Water
Check gravity

Right now I put them in as temperature steps, directly in the Mash Profile, with the same temperature as the previous step.  Well (0.01 higher to ensure I get the right ordering). 

Its a pain, because i have to edit all my profiles whenever I make a process change. This isn't very often anymore, but still when you are still refining your process its a pain to edit each profile to keep them in sync. 

I like the idea of timer profiles.  I can see three profiles (maybe more):
[list type=decimal]
[*]Mash Timer
[*]Sparge Timer
[*]Boil Timer
[/list]

Timer events could be scheduled as:

• Time From Start
  • Time from previous event
  • Time from end

Back