• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Trouble including late boil additions

ChrisS

Brewer
Reaction score
Using BS Mobile on my Kindle it's a pain to add to the recipe late additions of anything other than extract to the boil. For example, if I want to add a late addition of brown sugar for the last 15 minutes of the boil I don't have that option for a sugar. I can go into Edit Grain Details for brown sugar and change it from Sugar to Extract. After I save the Details page, I then have the Late Extract option on the main page for brown sugar. When I save that it shows up as a late addition in the recipe. I can then go back into the Details page for brown sugar and change it from Extract back to Sugar. Once I save that, it stays in the recipe as a late addition. As you can see, it's a very convoluted way to do this. Am I missing something or is this just tbe way it works?

Hi,
  Its currently only supported for extracts (not sugars).  I will make a note to correct this in the future, but in general there is not a large advantage in adding sugars late as they do not carmelize and darken like extracts.

Brad

Back