• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

1.5kg Muntons Pilsner recipe?

davidrobertsnz1

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi guys - I've just joined but been brewing for quite some time using BeerSmith receipes and a few I've made up.  I mostly do all grain these days but a friend recently gave me a 1.5kg can of Muntons hopped Pilsner extract.  I dont normally brew Pilsners (not my fave) usually going for IPAs, Pale Ales, bitters and the occasional stout.  Any recommendations for a good hoppy partial grain/extract recipe using the Pilsner extract, please?
Cheers
David

----------------
Fred's Te Aro NZ Pale Ale - drinking
Lucknow Pale Ale clone - conditioning
Re-balanced IPA - soon . . .

If it has a date on it, check it and see how old it is.  If it is older than 1 year (2 at the most), throw it out.  Liquid extracts don't age very well much beyond a year.

As for what to do with it, make a pale ale.  I use pilsner malt sometimes to make pale ales, so there is no reason you can't use pilsner extract to make one.

My reasoning is, it doesn't turn into a "pilsner" beer, until you pitch lager yeast into it.  Since you like "ales", pitch an ale yeast into it.

Back