• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

2.2 Preferences don't load changed equipment profiles

drb1215

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
[Note: Changed my original post, since I was violating the 1 issue per post rule...sorry about that!]

Hi - I'm running 2.2.10 on OS X 10.9 and have run into a an inconveniences...

If you make a change to your equipment profile, and it happens to be the profile that you use as your default (specified in the preferences), you need to go into your preferences and re-select the equipment profile.  I found this out by making a change to my EP (still dialing in my system) and created a new recipe.  It was pulling up the EP from the default set in the preferences...but it was using the old values.

All in all, great upgrade.  Thanks!

-Dan

Dan,
  This is an implementation issue (has been this way for a long time).  The program actually keeps a complete "default recipe" which you can set using the "Set as Default" button on the ribbon (small button) from any open recipe.  If you set a recipe as "default" then everything in it will become the new "default" for future recipes.

The equipment profile is stored here as well (as part of this recipe) so it is a separate copy from the Equipment profile you might store and edit in Profiles->Equipment.

The neat thing is that you can actually set anything in a recipe (ingredients, equipment, etc...) as the "default", but I can see how it is probably confusing from an end user perspective.

Sorry for the confusion - I'll try to see if there is a better way to handle this in the future.

Brad

Hi Brad,

I wasn't aware of the "Set as Default" button. Very nice feature.  This is one of those cases where a little education goes a long ways :)

Thanks for the help.

-Dan

Back