• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

2.3.12 can't print Shopping List

roger wood

Apprentice
Reaction score
Just upgraded. When trying to print I get msg:
11:16:02: C:\Users\...\Documents/BeerSmith2/Reports/bsxtmpx_24252.html: file does not exist!
11:16:05: File 'C:\Users\...\Documents/BeerSmith2/Reports/bsxtmpx_24252.html' couldn't be removed (error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.)

(I have edited path to hide username)
(the number in file name is a temp as it changes each time. It is not getting created to then print, I assume...

Anyone else running into this?

Is there any word on when this is being fixed?  If it's a known bug, why is it still broken? :mad:

Greetings All - the work around I've used is to simply export my shopping list to a CSV file, then open and print from within Excel.  Works great!

I'm guessing this bug will be addressed in the next update.

I was really hoping that Brad would answer my question.  A simple print error shouldn't take months to fix.

Months and months and months.

This can't be affecting everybody can it?
Is there a fix? Go delete this file from this directory?

KellerBrauer said:
Greetings All - the work around I've used is to simply export my shopping list to a CSV file, then open and print from within Excel.  Works great!

I'm guessing this bug will be addressed in the next update.

Seems like you replied to the wrong thread, but in any event - I have a Spike Brewing HLT with glass site glass. You might see if theirs is the same dimensions as yours and swap it out.

Issue is quite simple... the file name switches from \ (used by windows) to / (used by internet).  Windows file strings do not us forward slash.

How is this not remedied months later???

For the CSV export suggestion... not everyone has MS Office or Excel...

wjogert said:
Issue is quite simple... the file name switches from \ (used by windows) to / (used by internet).  Windows file strings do not us forward slash.

How is this not remedied months later???

For the CSV export suggestion... not everyone has MS Office or Excel...

A CSV file (Comma Separated Value) can be read by a vast number of software packages. Heck, it can even be opened, read and edited with a simple text editor like Notepad. I also believe Apple Numbers can read it as well.

OK we get it.  You can export it to .csv.  But I want my software to work correctly.  Why isn't this being fixed?  This has gone on WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY TOO LONG!  :mad:

cwmagui said:
OK we get it.  You can export it to .csv.  But I want my software to work correctly.  Why isn't this being fixed?  This has gone on WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY TOO LONG!  :mad:
It has been fixed in whatever is being worked on right now from what I have heard, next patch will fix it!

Ck27 said:
cwmagui said:
It has been fixed in whatever is being worked on right now from what I have heard, next patch will fix it!

It ain't fixed, until it works.  It doesn't work.  Therefore, it is not fixed. 

cwmagui said:

Greetings cwmagui -I feel your frustration.  I first reported this problem in February and followed up with some direct communication with Brad.  See link:

http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php/topic,16182.msg62115.html#msg62115

I tried the recommended solution from the post above with no success.  Perhaps you can try and see if it will work for you.

To the best of my knowledge, Brad is working on an upgrade that is supposed to include Mead and Hard Cider.  I don?t want to speak for Brad, but I can only assume the fix for this print error will be included in the upgrade since we never had any print issues before the last upgrade.  It has also been my experience that upgrades are typically released around the first of the year - - give or take a month or so.

I understand this issue can be frustrating.

Back