• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

2019 beer styles and importing

bikertodd

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Two questions:
1. Are there any beer styles that can be imported newer than the BJCP 2015 styles?
2. I imported a recipe in BeerXML which included a Brewer's Assoc 2019 style. While looking at the recipe, I can see and edit the style, but I don't see how to save that style. Can it be saved?

For the BJCP styles, the only additional update is the provisional styles they released which is available as an add-on.  Outside of the BJCP, the BA comes up with commercial styles on a periodic basis which is how they designate the groupings for the GABF commercial competition. These are made more to split up the entries and ensure more commercial brewers can have a chance to get a medal to advertise.

As for saving an additional style, I don't know of a way to save a new style from the recipe and not sure how the program would know which style grouping it would be saved to if the user has multiple style guides they are using. 

Back