• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Add grain absorption parameter to mash profiles

Javaslinger

Brewer
Reaction score
At the moment it seems grain absorption is a global parameter.  I use a BIAB setup with dunk sparges as I don't have a large enough kettle for a full mash volume.  The easiest mash profiles is a single infusion batch sparge.  But it uses too high a grain absorption. It's like to be able to adjust per mash profiles rather than globally.

If you don't brew with any other equipment that will use the 'normal' grain absorption, then change the parameter for the 'standard' brewing over to the rate you calculate for your BIAB with batch sparge.  This is what I have done for the majority of the brews I perform a sparge on and I do need to switch it back when I use my mash tun set up (the couple of times a year I do brew with it).

Like you, I would prefer to have that setting in the profiles, but in the equipment profile rather than the mash profiles.  The mash profiles work for whatever system I brew on, the equipment profiles are more specific to the equipment and process I use.

Back