• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Adding a condenser lid....Impact on profiles?

Rep

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hi

To reduce steam within my standalone brewery I am adding a steam condenser to my 30 gallon brew kettle.

It looks like my outdoor temps will begin approaching 30F soon. That will allow me to begin brewing again after a spell of really cold weather.

I will be running a test in a few days to check boil off rates. I will just boil twenty gallons of water for an hour and take measurements.

What do you folks think I will come up with? Will I end up changing my equipment profiles? What should I be looking for as I test this addition to my brewery?

You won't know for sure until you conduct that boil rate test. I'm pretty sure you don't have to boil a full volume for a full hour... just a smaller, measured amount for 15 minutes then measure the boil off and multiply to get your hourly rate.

Back