• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Adding Anvil Foundry to Equipment?

mastfalk

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am using Beer Smith 2 on my laptop. v 2.3.12 & up to date. I just purchased an Anvil Foundry 10.5 gal. I want to add that to my equipment. I clicked on Add Ons, found it in the equipment and then downloaded it. It now shows up in the installed add on list BUT it is not in my equipment list. How do I get in to my equipment list?

Starting from scratch go to Add Ons > In the window that pops up select Equipment > Highlight the profile(s) you wish to add > Click the Install arrow and then OK and close the Add Ons window.

Now when you add a new recipe just click the Equipment drop down menu the newly added profile(s) will be there for you to select. Also take note: All recipes in Beersmith are independent and will not display new items automatically. If you want to use the new profile in recipes you have previously saved you will have to go to the drop down menu and select it.

Starting from scratch go to Add Ons > In the window that pops up select Equipment > Highlight the profile(s) you wish to add > Click the Install arrow and then OK and close the Add Ons window.

Now when you add a new recipe just click the Equipment drop down menu the newly added profile(s) will be there for you to select. Also take note: All recipes in Beersmith are independent and will not display new items automatically. If you want to use the new profile in recipes you have previously saved you will have to go to the drop down menu and select it.
I you have a Anvil Foundry 10.5 gal can you screen shot you profile and attach? I'm not sire if my profile is set correctly.

Do you mean how to find the profile in add Ons? I seem to have missed the first step in my previous answer so I will post some screen shots...

Image 1: Step 1 look for Profiles. It is in both the top menu and the left side menu.
Image 2: Select Equipment
Image 3: Find and select the Anvil profiles... then click Install.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    391.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    337.4 KB · Views: 6
Or did you want to see a screen shot of the profile I use? To cover the bases here is that. Note that I renamed mine to indicate this was for use with 240v. Also note that using 240v increases the boil off to 1 gallon per hour. So adjust your profile to match your setup. I found that the information about volumes and boil off in the Anvil manual were pretty close so I never tweaked them.

Image 4: My Anvil 10.5 profile

Attachments

• Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    367.7 KB · Views: 7
No the other screen shot were exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the help.

Back