• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Admiral Maltings

rhartung

Apprentice
Reaction score
Any chance of an add on for Admiral Maltings malt offerings. They're a local company producing California grown malts. It would be nice to have an add on of their product, and to support smaller businesses.

Thank you!

Most add ons are user generated.  If you add the Admiral malts and send them as a group to Brad, he will most likely make it available to the rest of the community.

Here is a file with my best estimates of the properties of Admiral Maltings products. I have only used their malt once, but the results were so good that I am planning to use them frequently. Open the file in BeerSmith, select all the entries and copy and paste them into your ingredients list.

--GF

Attachments

• Admiral Maltings Malts.bsmx
    16.7 KB · Views: 137
In an effort to not make a new post, I'm noticing the Admiral add-on has 12 malts available, but only two are showing up when I search for them. Anyone else have this problem? I just updated my Mac BeerSmith 3 to the latest just in case and still nothing but the two.

In an effort to not make a new post, I'm noticing the Admiral add-on has 12 malts available, but only two are showing up when I search for them. Anyone else have this problem? I just updated my Mac BeerSmith 3 to the latest just in case and still nothing but the two.
So as of today, with both the desktop version and now as a new web-based version subscriber, I'm still just seeing two of Admiral's malts coming up when I search for them. I went through and unchecked all the fermentables on the BS web but Admirals, and it showed all 12. Clearly there's a flaw with the search function as when you select the malt, it shows it from Admiral. I'm no computer wiz, but shouldn't the search cover at least the "supplier name"?

I deal with a lot of ingredients, and I'm not getting any younger, so I forget sometimes the names of newers ingredients. It would be nice to just search a maltster and get all the malts they produce without relying on how someone entered it into the database.

Back