• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Air fryer oven - recipes needed

xuledywo

Brewer
Reaction score
So SO got us an air fryer oven thing for christmas. Our old toaster oven is tiny, dirty, ancient, and doesn't do a great job on anything more difficult than making garlic bread for pasta night.

The one he got is big enough that you can both air fry something and grill something below it at the same time. It came with several trays. Besides the "frying" basket it has a flat grill tray, a ribbed grill tray, and a grill tray with 4 indentations intended to hold eggs (I think). The other night I made great turkey burgers and air fried french fries. The turkey burgers turned out juicier and tastier than they do on the grill or my cast iron skillet. And the french fries were crisper and just as tasty as using the deep fryer. And probably much healthier for us since no oil was involved.

Tonight I'm going to make chicken parmesian and garlic knots and tomorrow I plan to try and make tortilla chips from corn tortillas and toasted ravioli.

For those of you that have an air fryer do you have any recipes you would recommend? I'm really excited about making a healthier chicken parm, especially since it also has a much shorter cooking time than the traditional method.

So SO got us an air fryer oven thing for christmas. Our old toaster oven is tiny, dirty, ancient, and doesn't do a great job on anything more difficult than making garlic bread for pasta night.

The one he got is big enough that you can both air fry something and grill something below it at the same time. It came with several trays. Besides the "frying" basket it has a flat grill tray, a ribbed grill tray, and a grill tray with 4 indentations intended to hold eggs (I think). The other night I made great turkey burgers and air fried french fries. The turkey burgers turned out juicier and tastier than they do on the grill or my cast iron skillet. And the french fries were crisper and just as tasty as using the deep fryer. And probably much healthier for us since no oil was involved.

Tonight I'm going to make chicken parmesian and garlic knots and tomorrow I plan to try and make tortilla chips from corn tortillas and toasted ravioli.

For those of you that have an air fryer do you have any recipes you would recommend air fryer auto shut off? I'm really excited about making a healthier chicken parm, especially since it also has a much shorter cooking time than the traditional method.
thanks for all your suggestions.

Rub potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle them with salt. Air fry until the skin is crispy and the insides are tender. Top with your favorite toppings like sour cream, cheese, and chives. The combination of the crispy, well-seasoned skin and the tender, fluffy insides make these air fryer potatoes an absolute favorite for many. They make a versatile side dish that pairs well with various main courses or can even be enjoyed as a snack on their own. Give this recipe a try, and you'll see why air fryer potatoes are a crowd-pleasing favorite.

Last edited:
Back