• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

All my recipes GONE!

bucknut

Master Brewer
Reaction score
Help, opened BS and it's not showing my recipes :(

I have not gotten any answers yet, so I've been looking through the directory for "Documents/beersmith2" and found my recipes, I believe they are backups and they are labeled "recipes, recipes1, 2, 3, 4, 5".  I can open them, but I'm not sure what the latest is. The date of the file being modified last says recipes3, but it seems like it should be recipes5? Also everytime Inow close BS it wants me to save that file, and then when I open BS back up, the only recipes showing are the 4 BS sample recipes, I have to close it and open one of the BS backup copies? How do I fix this?

Hi,
  - First make a complete copy of your Documents/BeerSmith2 directory.  This will save all of your files.
  - The backup files do contain backups of your recipes - you can open them and then copy/paste items as desired back into your My Recipes to store them permanently.
  - I believe Recipes1.bsmx is the newest and Recipes5.bsmx is the oldest.
  - I do recommend getting the latest update (build 2.0.64 beta) which is here on the forum - it has some changes to prevent this type of thing from happening.

Thanks,
Brad

Back