• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

An Important Upgrade Message for Legacy BeerSmith 2 Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
In an effort to provide better data security, I will be phasing out direct access from within BeerSmith 2 to the BeerSmith Cloud on 1 March 2023. This will affect only BeerSmith 2 users as BeerSmith 3 already uses the latest security protocols.

I have launched a two week upgrade discount program for those who choose to upgrade to BeerSmith 3 and BeerSmith Web - enter your BeerSmith 2 key here for the discount. The upgrade discount will close at midnight Eastern time on the 7th of February.

Can I still use BeerSmith 2?

You can continue to use BeerSmith 2 in standalone mode and save recipes locally to your hard drive, but you will not be able to save, share or search cloud based recipes from within the old version after 1 March 2023. Only the cloud based features in BeerSmith 2 will be affected. We recommend that you either upgrade to BeerSmith 3 or copy your cloud folder data to your My Recipes folder before that date, though you can still view them from the web portal.

What are my Upgrade Options?

You can upgrade to BeerSmith 3 and BeerSmith Web at a discount by entering your BeerSmith 2 key (from Help->Activate) here. If you purchase a Gold or higher license you also will get full access to BeerSmith Web, our online version which you can use from any browser - even your tablet or phone. BeerSmith 3 can import and use your BeerSmith 2 data. You can find the major BeerSmith Web features here, and BeerSmith 3 features here.

But I don't want a Subscription?

While our BeerSmith 3 gold, platinum and pro licenses start at just $14.95 a year and include the complete web based recipe editor and free upgrades, you can purchase a Basic BeerSmith 3 license which has no renewals at a fixed price if you choose. We are also offering 1, 2 and 3 year gold+ license options now if you just want to pay for the desktop and web version for a few years and don't want to use auto-renew.

Why are you closing BeerSmith 2 Cloud Access?

The original BeerSmith 2 platform was launched in 2011, and had relatively insecure access to our server. The security situation has changed significantly in the last 12 years, and the BeerSmith web sites face daily attacks. The move to updated protocols is needed to secure user accounts as well as protect the server. We intend to secure the server on 1 March, 2023. BeerSmith 3 users will not be affected.

Upgrade to BeerSmith 3 today!

The discount I'm offering is the lowest price you will get on BeerSmith 3 and BeerSmith Web as a combined package. It is only available through Feburary 7th. You will need your BeerSmith 2 code (from Help->Activate) to upgrade. For the Basic and Gold+ 1,2 and 3 year options we also now offer Venmo, Square and Google Pay checkout options.

Thank you again for your continued support!

Brad Smith
BeerSmith.com

I've extended the upgrade sale until the end of February but intend to continue with the security upgrade on the cloud server on 1 March.

For any remaining BeerSmith 2 users interested in the discount (starting at $11.95 for first year) you can still take advantage of it here through 28 Feb 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back